Admission to Undergraduate Programs 2015
Shanghai Second Polytechnic University offers 37 undergraduate programsto international students. The undergraduate programs have a schooling system of 3-6 years, and courses are delivered in Chinese. Bachelor’s degrees are awarded to those who have finished all the required course work and passed thesis defense.
2. Qualification of Applicants
(1) Foreign citizens under 25, in good health, and with senior high school diplomas;
(2) Certificate of Chinese Proficiency Test：HSK Level 4 or above.（If you don’t have a HSK 4 certificate, you may choose to study for 6-12 months at our Chinese language Program, and we will help you to achieve this qualification.）
3. Materials for Application
(1) Completed Application Form for International Students to Study in Shanghai Second Polytechnic University;
(2) Original or notarized photocopies of senior high school diploma and transcript;
(3) Photocopies of Certificate of HSK Level 4 (or above) and transcript;
(4) Certificate of expected graduation issued by senior high school for applicants who will be graduating from senior high school in July 2015;
(5) Reference letter from senior high school;
(6) Photocopy of passport (pages with photo; visa or residence permit);
(7) For applicants who are studying in a university, additional materials are required, such as transcripts, on-going study certificate and reference letter from the university;
(8) For applicants under 16 on September 1, 2015, a notarization of guardian in China is required. The guardian of the student has to be living in Shanghai at present and must have a source of income;
(9) Other supporting materials (such as: award certificates, foreign university entrance examination transcript, foreign university admission notice, etc.);
Note: The application materials will not be returned except the official documents such as senior high school diploma, HSK certificate, etc.
4. Application Procedure
(1) Download the Application Form for International Students to Study in Shanghai Second Polytechnic University;
(2) Prepare the application materials listed above;
(3) Submit the application materials and pay the application fee to International Student Affairs Office, Shanghai Second Polytechnic University, by post mail or in person. (Post address is in Contact Information)
5. Application Schedule
Application deadline: June 30, 2015.
6. Admission Notice
Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) will be issued to the admitted applicants in July 2015.
7. Visa Application and Admission Registration
The admitted applicants should bring their Passport, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form (JW202) to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for a student visa (X visa). The students shall come to International Student Affairs Office, Shanghai Second Polytechnic University for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice.
8. Costs (Unit: RMB Yuan)
|Application Fee (Non-refundable)||600.00|
|Tuition Fee (Per Year)||General Programs||20,000.00|
|Arts and Design, Industrial Design||24,000.00|
|Accommodations||Single rooms and double rooms in international student dormitories.||40-80/day|
|Insurance (Per Year)||600.00|
9. Contact Information
International Student Affairs Office, Shanghai Second Polytechnic University, 2360 Jinhai Road, Shanghai, 201209, P. R. China
Tel: 0086-21-50216013, 0086-21-50217707