Admission to Chinese Language Programs 2015
The Chinese Language Programs of Shanghai Second Polytechnic University serve to promote the Chinese language throughout the world and to help people in other countries acquire a better understanding of China. Any qualified foreigner, overseas Chinese, or compatriot from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan may apply to International Student Affairs Office for the programs. The long-term language program is divided into semesters and the short-term is divided into 4-week periods.
2. Qualification of Applicants
Any foreigner or compatriot from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan having a formal education background at high school level or above, with good moral character, aged above 16 and in good health.
3. Materials for Application
(1) Completed Application Form for International Students to Study in Shanghai Second Polytechnic University;
(2) Latest academic diploma (or enrollment certificate) and academic record (photocopy);
(3) Original and notarized photocopy of the passport page with photo. The applicants who have already been in China should also provide the original and notarized photocopy of valid Visa or Residence Permit;
(4) The applicants who are studying at another university in China must submit a Transfer Certificate issued by the host university;
Note: all the application materials will not be returned.
4. Application Procedure
(1) Download the Application Form for International Students to Study in Shanghai Second Polytechnic University;
(2) Prepare the application materials listed above;
(3) Submit the application materials and pay the application fee to International Student Affairs Office, Shanghai Second Polytechnic University, by post mail or in person. (Post address is in Contact Information)
5. Application Schedule
Application deadline for long-term programs: January 20, 2015 (Spring Semester),June 30, 2015 (Autumn Semester).
Application for short-term programs: all year round.
6. Admission Notice
Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) will be issued to the admitted applicants in July 2015.
7. Visa Application and Admission Registration
The admitted applicants should bring their Passport, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form (JW202) to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for a student visa (X visa). The students shall come to International Student Affairs Office, Shanghai Second Polytechnic University for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice.
8. Costs (Unit: RMB Yuan)
|Application Fee (Non-refundable)||400.00|
|Tuition Fee (Per Year)||Long-term Programs (Per Semester)||85,000.00|
|Short-term Programs (Per Month)||3,000.00|
|Culture Programs (10 Lessons)||3,000.00|
|Accommodations||Single rooms and double rooms in international student dormitories.||40-80/day|
|Insurance (Per Semester)||300.00|
9. Contact Information
International Student Affairs Office, Shanghai Second Polytechnic University, 2360 Jinhai Road, Shanghai, 201209, P. R. China
Tel: 0086-21-50216013, 0086-21-50217707