The category of scholarship includes Scholarship for One-Academic- Year Students and Scholarship for One-Semester Students. Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens aged between 16 and 35 (Chinese language teachers shall be aged below 45).
1.Scholarship for One-Academic Year Students
The scholarship is provided to outstanding students of Confucius Institutes (Classrooms), outstanding performers on HSK, winners of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students, Chinese language teachers worldwide, and outstanding graduates of Chinese language across the world, or those who intend to become Chinese teachers. The scholarship winner may choose to study majors including Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy. The time of entrance is autumn 2013 and the grant term is one academic year. Applicants should pass HSK Level 3 with 180 points and HSKK basic level with 60 points, or complete their study at a Confucius Institute for over 120 hours.
2.Scholarship for One-Semester Students
The scholarship is provided to outstanding students of Confucius Institutes (Classrooms), outstanding performers on HSK, winners of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students, Chinese language teachers worldwide, and outstanding students of Chinese language across the world. The scholarship winner may choose to study majors including Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy. The time of entrance is autumn 2013 or spring 2014 and the grant term is one semester. Applicants should pass HSK Level 2 with 120 points and HSKK basic level with 40 points, or complete their study at a Confucius Institute for over 60 hours.
II. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
Scholarship winners are exempt from registration fees, tuition fee, fees for basic learning materials, accommodation fees on campus, and are provided with a one-off resettlement subsidy, monthly allowance, outpatient medical service and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in China. The one-off resettlement subsidy will not be provided to those who have studied in China for more than half a year before being enrolled.
III. Recruitment Procedures
1. From the issue date of the Procedures, applicants should log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website at http://cis.chinese.cn, set up an individual account, read information and introduction of host institutes and majors, complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form online, print out the Form and submit it to their recommending institution along with other application materials.
2. Confucius Institutes (independently set-up Confucius Classrooms), overseas Chinese test centers, educational and cultural offices (sections) of Chinese embassies (consulates), host institutes and institutions of higher education in those countries with no Confucius Institutes are entrusted by Hanban as the recommending institutions. The recommending institutions shall check the qualification and application materials of applicants, and recommend outstanding applicants. Recommending institutions shall send the application materials of qualified applicants (e-scanning copy or original copy) to those host institutes of the candidate’s first and second choices and submit the candidate name list to Hanban for by April 25, 2013.
3. Host institutes are responsible for reviewing the qualification of applicants and submitting the proposed enrollment name list of qualified candidates to Hanban by May 25, 2013.
4. Hanban will organize an expert panel to make the final selection and publish the name list of successful applicants on the Scholarship website by June 15, 2013, which will be informed to applicants through recommending institutions.
5. The host institutes will post “Admission Notice”, “Enrollment Instructions”, “Visa Application Form for Foreigners to Study in China” (JW202 Form) and other related materials to successful applicants through their recommending institutions by July 1, 2013.
IV. Application Documents
Applicants shall submit the following documents:
1. Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form
2. Photocopy of Passport Photo Page
3. Photocopy of New HSK and HSKK Results Report
4. Diploma and Transcripts. Applicants shall submit notarized highest education diplomas attained or proof of study.
5. Reference Letter and Letter of Commitment. Students attending Chinese language programs of universities in countries with no Confucius Institutes established shall attach a reference letter signed and issued by the university President. A written commitment stating that the applicant will be engaged in Chinese language teaching for at least 5 years after graduation (written in Chinese and sign with signature).
6. Applications under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
7. Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students in China shall submit the duplicate of scholarship certificate and reference letter provided by educational and cultural offices (sections) of Chinese embassies (consulates). Winners of preliminary rounds of the “Chinese Bridge” Proficiency Competitions in their countries shall provide award proof and reference letter provided by the organizers.
8. Application Statement: stating applicant's Chinese language learning background, study plan and aim in China It shall be written in Chinese and no less than 800 words.
9. Chinese language teachers shall submit the proof on number of teaching years and weekly teaching hours provided by institutes they work for.
1. The scholarship winners shall register at the host institutes before the deadline set by the institutes. Scholarships will not be kept for those who do not register on time without reasonable cause.
2. Scholarships will be canceled for those who cannot pass the physical check.
VI. Contact Information
School of International Education of Zhejiang University of Science and Technology Mr. Xia (Summer)
Add: No.318 Liu-he-lu, Hangzhou , Zhejiang